Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Lack of sleep makes you fat

This is old news to me, but everytime I share this info with someone, they look at me in disbelief.


Sleep deprivation can increase your risk of obesity by boosting ghrelin (an appetite stimulating hormone) and lowering leptin (an appetite suppressor). The study from the University of Bristol in the United Kingdom found that, compared to an eight hours of shut-eye, each one-hour decrease in sleep duration was linked to almost 3% more body fat. read more here


When I first started to go on a diet, I realised that I feel tired often, and need a lot of sleep everyday. I slept for more than 8 hrs a day, and I feel energize when I woke up!
I used to have insomnia, but its much better these days since I started on my weight journey to size 8.  Now, I find it hard to lose weight, because I am so busy with work. Not enough sleep everyday :( Hopefully I can be in the afternoon session next year.. Then I can get more sleep...

So people. No more late nights! Go sleep now if you want to lose weight!

No comments:

Post a Comment