Friday, September 25, 2009

Calories of Mooncake



The best mooncake I have ate must be those from Raffles Hotel. It's heavenly. Everyone should try.. But I don't think I am going to buy any this year. Just look at the calories of mooncakes you will know why.

1 Mooncake, durian, plain, baked = 819kcal
1 Mooncake, ham and mixed nuts, baked = 999kcal
1 Mooncake, lotus seed paste, plain, baked = 716kcal
1 Mooncake, lotus seed paste, plain, snow skin = 983kcal
1 Mooncake, lotus seed paste, with four egg yolks, baked = 975kcal
1 Mooncake, lotus seed paste, with one egg yolk, baked = 788kcal
1 Mooncake, lotus seed paste, with two egg yolks, baked = 890kcal
1 Mooncake, red bean paste, plain, baked = 825kcal
1 Mooncake, vegetarian, baked = 874kcal
1 Mooncake, yam paste, flaky pastry, baked = 799kcal


Basically, 1 Mooncake has more calories than a Mcspicy burger. Furthermore, the size of the mooncakes here are the average size one..

So, are you sure you still want a mooncake?

I think I will pay Taka Square a visit to just taste the bite-size samples they have there for my craving.. Heee.

No comments:

Post a Comment